Thursday, July 11, 2013

Almond Brothers Smoothie

As many of you know, I lived in Asheville, NC for a bit of time. There was a cafe there called "Green Sage" that serves all sorts of food and drinks. One of my favorite items on the menu was the Almond Brothers Smoothie. From the first time I tried it, I was hooked! The smoothie is a bit expensive, however; so I decided to try and make it myself at home. It was a success and it's now something that I make almost every day. I've decided to let you guys in on it too. Here's the recipe! I'ts delicious! 

P.S. I don't do measurements very well, I just kind of eye ball everything. Haha. Therefore, I wont be providing many exact measurements in this post. Sorry! 




Ingredients:

Almond butter
Almond milk
Carrot juice
One banana
Ground cooriander
Ground cloves
Ground cinnamon
Ground nutmeg

Prepare:

Put one banana, about half a glass of almond milk, a quarter of a glass of carrot juice, about two large table spoons of almond butter and a pinch or two of the above spices. Blend and enjoy! It's freaking delicious! 



P.S.!
Please consider donating to my Mission Year account! I'm going to be spending a year in Houston, Texas doing ministry with the urban poor. It'd be awesome for you to help me get my first 1,500 raised by donating here! Any amount is appreciated no matter how small or big!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment