Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Growth through the smaller things.




















Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 
Matthew 10:39

I don't have any profound words. I have very little to say, very few words that I want to share. Most of what I have are these photographs. We've been on a technology fast for the past six weeks, so I haven't gotten to use my camera much, but what I have here are some small moments that I've gotten to share with my housemates. 

I am beginning to love all six of my housemates as I do my own family. We are becoming more and more united in each challenge, in each night of laughter, in each early devotional, in each piece of honesty, in each walk around our neighborhood. The Spirit of God is with us. I know it, I feel it too. (Yes, I did just quote The Soil and the Sun).

God is changing me most through the smaller moments.
God is patient. I am learning to be patient with His process as well. 
I'm thankful to be where I am. I'm thankful to be with the ones that I am with. 

I am being freed from:

The need to be right. 
The need to be heard. 
The need to be noticed and appreciated. 

Praise God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment